About VANS CSR Initiatives
In the spirit of creating value and developing meaningful partnerships within the ecosystem, VANS, today partners with and supports two NGOs that work closely with sections of society that need to be made inclusive and uplifted.
The partnership model includes advisory, setting up of governance mechanism to monitor projects, assessment of impact and fund raising to support projects that have high on ground capacity to influence and impact.
Padma Foundation focuses on welfare in education and healthcare in Duggirala in Andhra Pradesh and adjoining villages. It has been serving the causes for over 15 years now. Some of its on ground initiatives includes
- Supply of books and stationery to all high school students below the poverty line across 10 schools in the village.
- Enrichment of curriculum with inclusion of English, Handwriting and Moral science.
- Infrastructure and equipment in the schools like clean drinking water, storage space, computers etc.
- Distribution of healthy food for pregnant women in the BPL segment every week during the pregnancy period, medical tests for needy, free distribution of butter milk for over a few thousands of people through the 10 weeks of peak summers.
- Over 8500 students so far have been able to go to school and complete their schooling as a result of such initiatives.
Umang Foundation with its Promote Education initiative touches lives of more than 50,000 students from marginalised communities in rural and tribal parts of Maharashtra, each year. Some of its key initiatives include
- Distributing stationary kits to the schools to ensure continuity of education.
- Infrastructural development within schools to digitize classrooms, build toilets, paint schools and improve teacher training and library facilities.
- Upgradation of ecosystem within the villages by ensuring clean water supply, tree plantation, distribution of essentials etc.
- More than 500,000 + beneficiaries have been impacted in the last 10 years of operations.